Friday, September 6, 2013

My First Day of School Outfit!

Howdy. :) 

Today we are going to talk about something very near and dear to my heart: my back to school outfit. I usually think about what to wear on the first day for the majority of August, and then figure out the precise hair, makeup, and accessories to go along with it. I know, I know, it's a little excessive, but the first day of school is a blank slate. Besides your friends (and let's be honest, you aren't really dressing to impress them) you haven't seen anyone in two months, so why not make your first impression (in two months) a good one? Mostly, though, I always feel a little more excited and ready for school when I know I'll be wearing something nice. And that's what looking pretty is all about.

So, I went out and bought a new shirt and played with my hair annnnd Voila! My outfit. Let's begin.

So, let's start with the outfit:


I decided I wanted to look "Classy Casual" on my first day. So I got this top from Forever 21 for $17.80. Pretty classy? I think so. I like it because it's really versatile. I can wear it with jeans, like I am here, or tuck it into a pencil skirt and add a blazer and it's perfect for Model UN. 

Makeup:
Especially for school, I like to wear makeup sparingly, so this look represents that. It's a little nicer than a naked face, but it's inconspicuous enough most people won't realize you're wearing makeup at all.



Here is how it's done:
1. Wash your face. I used Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviewed here.
2. Prep with lotion such as the Kiss My Face honey calendula lotion.
3. Conceal. (Unfortunately this concealer is old and no longer has a tag on it, so I have no idea what brand it is, but any concealer will do.)
4. Powdered to prevent shininess, especially around the concealer. I used Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder in 115 Natural Ivory. For this and the blush, I used the brush shown front and center which is from Ecotools.
5. Proceeded to blush, using Covergirl's Cheekers. This is old and discontinued, I believe, but the color is still out there.
6. I did this in a weird order just to change things up, so proceeded to lips, which I like to prep with lip balm. I used my EOS lipbalm in strawberry sorbet which I reviewed here.
7.  Add lip color, like the 135 Ballet Shoes from L'Oreal. It's sort of light and pink and frosty. I reviewed it here.
8/9. Finish up with eyes. for my inner corners, my brow bone, and the inner corners of my bottom lash line, I used a 24 Hour Color Tattoo in "Too Cool". For eyeliner, I used "Tough as Taupe" to make a light brown line on the outer edge of my bottom lash. I reviewed both of these
here.
10. Finish off with a light coat of mascara. Covergirl's Lash Blast Volume in Brown works for me. 
 
 Voila! completed look.
I occasionally use a bit of bronzer, but for this look I would not recommend any. It can look a tiny bit (excuse me) whore-ish with the very pale lip color. 


Accessories! 

Staying with the classy casual vibe, I purchased these earrings for $1.80 from Forever 21. What a steal!


As for hair accessories, I decided to stay with the sheer fabric theme and go with a set of three hair bands from Wet Seal for 6.50 here.  I chose the peachish colored one. 


Hair!

As for hair, I kept it simple with the tutorial shown here.

So, that is my outfit of the day. I think I'll have another one coming out next week sometime. i've also been preparing all week for a really cool post that comes out tomorrow! It's another beauty one. Expect more high school ones next week. Lots of Love, shana <3

ooooo (hugs)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment