Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Small Rite-Aid Haul!

The vast majority of my beauty products come from Rite-Aid. There's no two ways about it. See, I live in a smallish town that's a good distance from a mall, and neither I nor any of my friends have permits. Also, I don't have a steady job which means I need to carefully budget. All this together= drugstore makeup. This is not necessarily a humongous setback, though, especially with all the I <3 drugstore tags on youtube as well as well-stocked stores like my local Rite-Aid.

Since my latest babysitting job, I've had some cash as well as a brain filled with ideas from the aforementioned youtube videos. So I popped down to the drugstore and Voila! purchased the following items:

1. EOS lipbalm in strawberry sorbet

 
If you haven't seen someone using these before, I am truly shocked. They're probably one of the most famous brands, and I think it's for good reason. The smell is quite yummy (and I love a good smell), it gives your lips a pretty and soft look. Furthermore, it's fun to apply (let's be honest) and the price isn't bad at 3.49 for a quarter of an ounce, which is slightly more than your average twist lipbalm. I noticed only one clear downside, that being it suffers majorly in the portability aspect because it will leave a strange lump (if it fits at all) in most jean pockets. This may not be such a downside though, as I know I've lost a good number of lip balms by forgetting they were in pockets and putting them in the wash.

2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash in Pink Grapefruit






I remember my older sister having this when I was little and thinking it was like miracle potion. I used to put a teensy bit on blemishes and then wash it off, and I found that in the morning they were gone! Now that I'm a teenager I find I don't notice as big of a change, but it does leave your skin feeling really clean and does slightly reduce acne. The scent is amazo, and the  price isn't bad: 8.49 for 6 fluid ounces.Overall, I like it but I don't love it. It gives me a strong feeling that I'm putting a lot of chemicals on my face, which I don't love, but it reduces blemishes, so it's worth it. 

3. L'oreal Color Riche Lipstick in 135 Ballerina Shoes






Now there is a very small back story to this which I think I'll explain with a more complete review with more photos in another post, so stay tuned! However, for now I'll explain: I like this lipstick. I have a very pale complexion so I do well with the frosty light pink ish colors, or basically, this. The packaging is nice, the texture is really cool: creamy and light on your lips, the pigmentation is average, which I like: one to two coats gives you a tinted balm look, three gives you a pink lip. However, one of my favorite things about this is the smell! I don't know how to describe it, but if I had to I'd say it's like a fresh sort of a scent. It makes me happy. Yup.

4. The Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoos Eyeshadow Base/Eyeshadow in "Too Cool" and "Tough as Taupe"



Now, every youtuber has been gushing about these, and when I saw them and I remembered I needed some eyeshadow, I decided to pick some up. Overall: the consistency is really nice: thick and creamy, smudgable, but long-wearing, too. First of all, the "Too Cool": I think this is a great highlighter: very pigmented, long wearing, with a bit of sparkle but nothing over the top. Overall, not bad. I really, really like the "Tough as Taupe" (or Permanent Taupe in the UK). It's just very, very versatile. I used it in my crease and outer corner for eyeshadow, but then I was feeling crafty and I decided to try it out as eyeliner. I dabbed a teensy bit on a brush, slid it on my lower lash line, and smiled at it's effects. Although I haven't tried it yet, I think it could also work as a brow shadow for someone with lightish hair. I may do a more full update on these, because I like them so darn much. For price, they're alright at 7 dollars. Not bad, but their isn't really much eyeshadow. I would definitely repurchase and highly recommend them. Go get them! Seriously!

Alright, well I think I'll wrap it up there. I think I may be reviewing some of these products again in the near future and you'll see them again very soon! (That's a hint. Sit tight for a super cool blog post coming soooooon. I am extremely excited about it). oooooo (hugs)

No comments:

Post a Comment