Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Yes to Tomatoes Clear Skin Daily Clarifing Cleanser

 As you may be able to tell, I have a slight obsession with cleansers. I guess it could be worse... I could be into crack or something else that doesn't make my skin clean and happy, but I like to try out as many as I can and I can sometimes over do it. This one, though, is definitely one of my favorites. Let's begin.


Strong Points:
Unlike the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash that I reviewed here, this doesn't feel like chemicals. It feels natural and a quick look at the label confirms this. It's a feel good product. 
∞ It didn't completely clear blemishes (although that's unlikely in any cleanser because many blemishes are due to hormones and lack of exercise/healthy diet) but it kept them at bay, and that's satisfying enough.
∞ I think the best thing about this product is the way it makes your skin feel immediately after a cleanse: soft and smooth. I found this a week ago close to empty, and decided to give it a try again. I was so amazed with the results: it's the kind where after you wash it off, you almost feel like it's still on your face: it leaves your face with a smooth, rich finish that is refreshing and makes you want to just stroke your face. Weird, but satisfying. 
Weak Points:
∞ Price. It only contains 3.38 fluid ounces and goes for 8.63 or (2.55 per ounce)  here or at your local Target. This might seem cheap to a lot of people, but for a girl on a budget, this is a little disappointing. However, it does contain a lot of good quality ingredients, so you do pay for what you get. (By comparison, the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviewed here is 6 fluid ounces and goes for 9.49, or 1.19 an ounce.)
∞ I love a good smell, and this lacks one. This is alright for night washes because you don't want anything too invigorating, but for morning washes it's a little disappointing. Oh well. 

Despite the weak points, something about this cleanser makes me fall in love a teensy weensy bit every time I use it. I most definitely recommend it. It isn't the perfect cleanser, so I'm still on the hunt for "the one". If you have any suggestions, please leave them below to aid my search. I will never, ever, ever give up.
ooooo (hugs)

P.S. I have two posts coming out soon that I am really excited about! Expect them up Friday and Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment